WE'RE ALWAYS THERE - AND HERE - WHEN YOU NEED US.
The purpose of the Somerset Public Health is to protect and improve the quality of life and health of all Greater Somerset County residents.
HOW WE DO IT?
- We strategize. Planning and evaluating both long- and short-range, we implement strategies for the essential public health services
- We initiate. Significantly and meaningfully, we involve citizens in developing and carrying out chronic disease prevention through initiatives.
- We mobilize. Mobilizing public and private resources in support of the above initiatives , we coordinate efforts throughout the community.
- We advocate. Serving as advocates, we work for citizens on the matters of policies that affect their health status, while promoting institutional improvement and desirable changes in social policy and environmental changes.
- We implement. Conducting, or delegating to other agencies, we implement programs financed through grants, and identify and pursue other available funds deemed important for the health of citizens.
- We prevent. In our work to improve and protect public health and reduce chronic disease, we focus our efforts and funding on substance abuse and tobacco prevention, physical activity and nutrition promotion and work site well.
For more information visit: http://www.somersetpublichealth.org/